This episode, Jason Shapiro, founder of 82i, shares about his transition from investor to founder. 82i provides affordable and accessible advanced financial expertise and advisory services to startups, with an innovative pricing model based on hourly rates and no commitments.
Jason Shapiro, the founder of 82i, forged his path from roles in investment firms like Resolve Growth Partners and Clayton Dubilier & Rice. Starting his finance career at Lazard and previously teaching high school math for Teach for America, Jason’s deep interest in entrepreneurship led him to establish 82i, aiming to support founders with sophisticated financial expertise and a novel approach to advisory services.
Here are the key takeaways:
- The Story of 82i: Jason brainstormed ideas about entrepreneurship to help entrepreneurs. He wrote down 82 ideas after recalling wisdom from various founders.
- The 82i as an alternative to employment for startups: 82i provides expert services on a fractional basis for startups. They offer CFO, CRO, and operations services based on an hourly rate with no commitments. This flexible and affordable alternative to traditional employment helps startups address any business issue.
- Four essential characteristics of entrepreneurship: soft skills are mentioned as crucial for successful entrepreneurship. These include strategic intuition, persistence, emotional intelligence (EQ), and creativity.
- Strategic intuition involves the ability to make smart decisions even when you don’t have all the information.
- Persistence is the ability to keep pushing forward even in the face of adversity.
- EQ refers to the ability to understand and manage your own emotions and understand and influence the emotions of others.
- Creativity involves thinking outside the box and coming up with innovative solutions.
- The importance of teamwork and a strong company culture: At 82i, personal growth and development are the focus. They prioritize making employees develop faster than they would elsewhere.
Listen to the full conversation here:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@risingtidestartups
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rising-tide-startups/id1330525474
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2eq7unl70TRPsBhjLEsNZR
Catch up with Jason Shapiro here:
If you enjoyed the show, follow, subscribe and please leave us a 5-star rating.
Your company or brand needs its own branded podcast. PodBrand Media is an innovative and affordable way to generate new leads and create repurposable content. Learn more at https://Podbrandmedia.com
Get your personal podcast off the ground with “How to Start a Podcast in 24 Hours” course by David Ezell. Learn podcasting essentials and save 20% by using the code RISING at realdavidezell.com/courses. Don’t wait, start your podcast today.