In this episode of Rising Tide Startups, Kevin Prewett interviews Rick Girard, founder of Intertru and Stride Search. They discuss the importance of hiring the right people for startup roles and the need for a structured hiring process. Girard shares insights on hiring for personality traits and emphasizes the significance of eliminating biases from interviews. They also touch on the importance of planning, structure, and emotional connection in building successful startups. Tune in for valuable insights into entrepreneurship.
A few highlights:
- Three Types of People in a Successful Startup Team: Successful startup teams comprise three types of people: builders, approvers, and maintainers. Builders are creative initiators, approvers enhance ideas, and maintainers ensure smooth operations, although they may not be ideal for startups.
- Two Types of Founders: Founders can be categorized as either visionaries or integrators. Visionaries excel at launching ventures but struggle with day-to-day operations, while integrators turn visions into reality by managing daily business activities.
- Build a Successful Startup Team: identify the specific type of person needed, whether it’s a builder, approver, visionary, or integrator. Implement a strong hiring process to find the right fit for each role. Rick Girard recommends using a skills matrix, mapping out the required skills and abilities for each role, as a valuable tool in the hiring process.
Listen to the full conversation here:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@risingtidestartups
- Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rising-tide-startups/id1330525474
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2eq7unl70TRPsBhjLEsNZR
Catch up with Rick Girard here:
Your company or brand needs its own branded podcast. PodBrand Media is an innovative and affordable way to generate new leads and create repurposable content. Learn more at https://Podbrandmedia.com
Get your podcast off the ground with “How to Start a Podcast in 24 Hours” course by David Ezell. Learn podcasting essentials and save 20% by using the code RISING at realdavidezell.com/courses. Don’t wait, start your podcast today!
If you enjoyed the show, make sure to follow, subscribe and please leave us a 5-star rating.
Rising Tide Startups hosted by Kevin Prewett is a unique, weekly Business interview podcast, hosting some of today’s most exciting solopreneurs, startup founders, and side hustlers.
All episodes are sponsored by https://Podbrandmedia.com